Reverse Agronomy Update, Barley Scholarship, Seeding Rate Calculator, CSA Brown Bagger Agronomy, AFC LOI deadline
There are five items in today's Shop Talk:
1. Recordings from the March 17, 2022 Reverse Agronomy Update are available. The introduction and the farmer panelist presentations on crop fertility and crop type/variety decisions are available here. The farmer panelist presentations on in-season management decisions are available here. There were 35 researchers on the call who had the opportunity to learn from three farmer panelists to help them expand their understanding of commercial barley, canola, pulse and wheat production systems to heighten the relevance of grower-funded research projects for on-farm adoption.
2. Alberta Barley is excited to offer scholarships ($2,000/student for up to three students) to students actively engaged in barley research. Awards are assessed based on student merit and alignment of their research to Alberta Barley Research priorities. Applications open on March 31, 2022 with a closing deadline of May 31, 2022. The application process is outlined in the attached.
3. Alberta Wheat and Alberta Barley have updated Alberta Agriculture’s seeding rate calculator. As you are preparing for spring seeding, this seeding rate calculator tool can be helpful!
4. The Canadian Society of Agronomy is offering a brown bagger agronomy series on pest management. This will be held on Friday, March 25, 2022 from 11:00 am - 1:15 pm (CST). Click here for free registration.
5. REMINDER! The Agriculture Funding Consortium – Letter of Intent application deadline is April 7, 2022. More information about applying can be found here.
If you have graduate students, colleagues or other contacts that may benefit from this Shop Talk with Sheri newsletter, please let them know that they can subscribe and read previous editions here. Or pass along my coordinates and I will add them to my mailing list directly.
I am looking forward to connecting with you at one of our upcoming events.